CALIFORNIA INVADER TABBED AS SPRINGBOARD MORNING-LINE FAVORITE
For Immediate Release
Wednesday, December 09, 2015
OKLAHOMA CITY – The $250,000 Springboard Mile, the richest 2-year-old race of the Remington Park Thoroughbred Season, features a dozen first-year athletes. Esposito, in from California, has been made the morning-line favorite at 5-2 odds for the Dec. 13 finale at Remington Park.
The first race on Sunday at Remington Park is at 1:30pm.
Owned by Chartwell Partnership and trained by Tom Proctor, jockey Drayden Van Dyke will ride Esposito as he did when the colt by Ghostzapper broke his maiden in his most recent out, a 6-1/2 furlong sprint at Del Mar on Nov. 7. Van Dyke will try to capture his second major stakes race of the Remington Park season. He was the winning rider aboard Include Betty in the Remington Park Oaks in late September, on the undercard of Oklahoma Derby Day.
Suddenbreakingnews, the winner of the Clever Trevor Stakes on Nov. 6, has been made the second-choice in the morning line by odds-maker Rick Lee. Owned by Samuel Henderson of Odessa, Texas and trained by Donnie Von Hemel, Suddenbreakingnews is at 3-1 odds. He has won two of his four starts this season at Remington Park.
The field for the Springboard Mile, by post-position and program number, with trainer, jockey and morning-line odds:
1. Suddenbreakingnews: Donnie Von Hemel, Luis Quinonez, 3-1
2. Esposito: Tom Proctor, Drayden Van Duke, 5-2
3. Battle Tap: Steve Asmussen, Rafael Santana, 7-2
4. Giant Trick: Jack Van Berg, Danny Sorenson, 30-1
5. Blue Wings: Patrick Huffman, Julian Leparoux, 12-1
6. Uncle Brennie: Brad Cox, Chris Landeros, 10-1
7. Discreetness: William Fires, Jon Court, 8-1
8. Blanket Of Ice: Chris Hartman, Ramon Vazquez, 30-1
9. Better Than Magic: Bret Calhoun, Cliff Berry, 15-1
10. Cutacorner: Jack Van Berg, Quincy Hamilton, 20-1
11. Evan Deadly Sins: Boyd Caster, Lindey Wade, 50-1
12. Cash Bonus: Bret Calhoun, C.J. McMahon, 12-1
The Springboard is the 10th and final race on Sunday with an approximate post time of 5:42pm.
The race right before the Springboard Mile features 2-year-old fillies going one mile in the $100,000 Trapeze Stakes. Family Tree has been made the 8-5 morning-line favorite.
Owned by Gary and Mary West of Omaha, Neb. and trained by Wayne Catalano, Family Tree will be ridden by C.J. McMahon, currently the leading jockey at Remington Park in his first season of competition here. Family Tree won her first career race in a six-furlong maiden event over the turf at Kentucky Downs in mid-September. Since then, she has managed a fifth-place effort in the Grade 3, $150,000 Jessamine Stakes at Keeneland in October and a third-place run in the $80,000 Rags To Riches Stakes at Churchill Downs in November.
My Master Plan, winner of the $50,000 E.L. Gaylord Memorial at Remington Park in October, is the second-choice in the Trapeze Stakes morning line at 7-2 odds. Undefeated through three races this season at Remington Park, My Master Plan will attempt her first race around two turns with regular jockey Luis Quinonez up.
The field for the $100,000 Trapeze Stakes, by post-position and program number with trainer, jockey and morning-line odds:
1. Hailstorm Slew: C.R. Trout, Jareth Loveberry, 15-1
2. Another Bond Girl: Brent Davidson, Glen Murphy, 20-1
3. Go No Go: Bret Calhoun, Cliff Berry, 12-1
4. Miss Placed Plan: Joe Offolter, Lindey Wade, 20-1
5. Cold Dish: Kenneth McPeek, Shane Laviolette, 15-1
6. My Master Plan: Donnie Von Hemel, Luis Quinonez, 7-2
7. Dorodansa: Kenneth McPeek, Chris Landeros, 20-1
8. Texas Gem: Steve Asmussen, Ricardo Santana, 5-1
9. Midnight On Oconee: Larry Jones, Ramon Vazquez
10. Family Tree: Wayne Catalano, C.J. McMahon, 8-2
The Trapeze is the ninth race Sunday with an approximate post time of 5:14pm.
The Primetime Pick 4 on Sunday will cover races 7 thru 10 and carry a guaranteed minimum wagering pool of $50,000. The Pick 4 is a 50-cent wager at Remington Park. Sunday’s will consists of an allowance in race 7; the $50,000 Useeit Stakes in race 8; the $100,000 Trapeze Stakes in race 9 and the $250,000 Springboard Mile in race 10.
The final weekend of the 2015 Thoroughbred Season takes place Friday thru Sunday, Dec. 11-13.
Open for casino gaming and simulcast racing, Remington Park features the Bricktown Brewery on the casino floor. Admission, general parking and valet parking are always free at Remington Park, home of the $250,000 Springboard Mile on Sunday, Dec. 13.
Tracked by over 88,000 fans on Facebook and 6,700 Twitter followers, Remington Park is Oklahoma City’s only Racetrack & Casino and is located at the junction of Interstates 35 & 44, in the heart of the Oklahoma City Adventure District. For more information, reservations and group bookings please call 405-424-1000, 866-456-9880 or visit remingtonpark.com.