REMINGTON PARK CHALLENGE RACES COMPILED THROUGH THREE SETS OF TRIALS
For Immediate Release
OKLAHOMA CITY – Remington Park conducted three sets of trials to determine qualifiers for the American Quarter Horse Association Challenge races to be held on Sunday, May 22.
Saturday, April 30, 2016
The Grade 2, Bank of America Oklahoma Challenge Championship is the main event on that afternoon. The field of 10 for the $100,000 event is led by Exquisite Stride who won the first of two 440-yard trials in :21.368 seconds over the fast track. Owned by David and Sherry Dunn of Richton, Miss., Exquisite Stride is trained by Michael Taylor and was ridden by Jimmy Brooks. The 4-year-old horse is by Carters Cartel from the Mr Jess Perry mare Tinys Lil Jess and was bred in California by John Andreini.
The field of 10 for the Bank of America Oklahoma Challenge Championship, with time and trial number:
1. Exquisite Stride, :21.368 (trial 1)
2. A Royal Country Man, :21.427 (trial 2 winner)
3. Admiral Zoomwalt, :21.430 (trial 2)
4. Rockin Disco, :21.481 (trial 1)
5. JP In Hot Pursuit, :21.554 (trial 1)
6. Jess Rockn, :21.705 (trial 1)
7. Savanna Slim, :21.730 (trial 2)
8. I Bleed Red, :21.770 (trial 2)
9. Valiant Approach, :21.802 (trial 1)
10. Im Beau Brown, :21.803 (trial 1)
A pair of trials at 870 yards were conducted at the start of the Saturday program to determine the field of eight for the Grade 3, $50,000 Zoetis Remington Park Distance Challenge. Daring And Dashing overcame a stumbling beginning in the first trial to win the heat in :45.275 seconds to establish the best time of the qualifiers.
Owned by Triple K Farms of Riverside, Utah and trained by Gerry McLean, Daring And Dashing was ridden by James Flores. A gelded 5-year-old son of First Down Dash from the Mr Jess Perry mare Splendifferous, Daring And Dashing was bred in Texas by James Markum.
The field for the Zoetis Remington Park Distance Challenge, with time and trial:
1. Daring And Dashing, :45.275 (trial 1)
2. Fire On The Fly, :45.518 (trial 2)
3. Juno Dat Timber, :45.819 (trial 2)
4. Mixed Fantasy, :45.963 (trial 2)
5. CR Tuckernuck, :45.978 (trial 1)
6. Painted Josy, :45.982 (trial 2)
7. CJs Rocksolid, :46.303 (trial 1)
8. Give It To Shaq, :46.861 (trial 1)
The two trials for the Grade 3, $40,000 Merial Remington Park Distaff Challenge determined Send Me This Wagon to be the top qualifier, as she handled 400 yards in :19.648 in the first trial. Owned and bred by Michael Pohl in Oklahoma, Send Me This Wagon is trained by Stacy Charette-Hill and was ridden by Jorge Torres. She is a 5-year-old mare by PYC Paint Your Wagon from the Mr Jess Perry mare Jess Send Candy.
Honeymoon Candy, a 4-year-old full sister to the top qualifier, won the second trial for the same connections, with Donalda Pohl added to the ownership.
The 10 females for the Merial Remington Park Challenge, with individual time and trial:
1. Send Me This Wagon, :19.648 (trial 1)
2. Honeymoon Candy, :19.680 (trial 2)
3. Eyesa Good One, :19.724 (trial 1)
4. Miss Racy Fire, :19.736 (trial 2)
5. Getting Even, :19.844 (trial 1)
6. Twntyfour Karat Rock, :19.849 (trial 1)
7. Zooming Separatist, :19.950 (trial 1)
8. Rock Princess, :19.967 (trial 2)
9. SM Miss Joy Rose, :19.979 (trial 2)
10. Country Club Chick, :20.009 (trial 2)
The Remington Park racing weekend wraps up with a Sunday program on May 1, beginning at 1:30pm.
Open daily for casino gaming and simulcast racing, Remington Park features the Bricktown Brewery on the casino floor. Admission, general parking and valet parking are always free at Remington Park, home of the $1,000,000 Heritage Place Futurity on June 4, 2016.
Tracked by over 96,000 fans on Facebook and 7,000 Twitter followers, Remington Park has provided over $147 Million to the State of Oklahoma general education fund since the opening of the casino in 2005. Oklahoma City’s only Racetrack & Casino and is located at the junction of Interstates 35 & 44, in the heart of the Oklahoma City Adventure District. For more information, reservations and group bookings please call 405-424-1000, 866-456-9880 or visit remingtonpark.com.