The 2023 American Quarter Horse, Paint and Appaloosas Season at Remington Park ends with Champions Night, the richest night of racing in Oklahoma. The massive program, featuring nine stakes events, begins at 5pm-Central on Saturday, June 3.
Champions Night features 10 stakes races, led by the Grade 1, $1,207,640 Heritage Place Futurity. Also on the program, the Grade 2, $268,750 Heritage Place Derby, the $270,300 Heritage Place Oaks and richest Paint and Appaloosa race in the world, the Grade 1, $257,675 Speedhorse Graham Futurity.
The top race for the best older Quarter Horses is in the spotlight for races where qualifying trials were not needed. The Grade 1, $250,000 Debbie Schauf Remington Park Championship will once again place the best of the best in the sport at the classic distance of 440 yards. Danjer, the 2021 American Quarter Horse Association World Champion, has won the Championship for two consecutive years at Remington Park and will bid to become just the second horse in history to win the race three straight years. Tailor Fit, a racing World Champion and member of the Oklahoma Horse Racing Hall of Fame at Remington Park, won the Championship in 1999, 2000 and 2001.
The stakes rundown for the Champions Night program includes:
– Grade 1, $1,207,640 Heritage Place Futurity, 2-year-olds, 350 yards
– Grade 2, $268,750 Heritage Place Derby, 3-year-olds, 400 yards
– Grade 1, $257,675 Speedhorse Graham Paint/Appaloosa Futurity, 2-year-olds, 350 yards
– Grade 1, $250,000 Debbie Schauf Remington Park Championship, 3 and older, 440 yards
– $270,300 Heritage Place Oaks, 3-year-old fillies, 400 yards
– Grade 1, $100,000 Junos Request, fillies/mares, 3 and older, 400 yards
– $100,000 Heritage Place Juvenile, 2-year-olds, 350 yards
– Grade 1, $50,000 Remington Park Distance Championship, 3 and older, 870 yards
– Grade 1, $30,000 National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, Paints/Appaloosas, 3 and older, 440 yards
The overall purses for the entire Champions Night of racing at Remington Park is expected to easily surpass $2.5 million.
Enjoy jackpot play in the Remington Park Casino prior to and after the big Champions Night of racing as the casino is always open.
Parking and admission are always free at Remington Park
10 June 2023
10 June 2023
24 June 2023
25 June 2023
05 August 2023