The top stakes race for 2-year-olds on the Remington Park calendar, the $200,000 Springboard Mile, has a new date. The 2020 edition of the race will be conducted on Friday night, Dec. 18 with the first race on a full-night of stakes events, underway at 5pm-Central.
The Springboard Mile, has produced starters in two of the last three Kentucky Derbies. The race has become the top 2-year-old stakes event at the end of the calendar year, helping move the most talented contestants to the following spring’s road to the Kentucky Derby.
The following stakes races will also move to Friday, Dec. 18 as a supporting undercard for the Springboard Mile:
– $75,000 She’s All In Stakes, for older fillies and mares a 1 mile-70 yards
– $70,000 Jim Thorpe Stakes, for Oklahoma-bred 3-year-olds at one mile
– $70,000 Useeit Stakes, for Oklahoma-bred 3-year-old fillies at one mile
– $60,000 Jeffrey Hawk Memorial, for older horses at 1 mile-70 yards
– $60,000 Trapeze Stakes, for 2-year-old fillies at one mile
The final weekend of the 2020 Thoroughbred Season at Remington Park begins with Springboard Mile Night, Friday, Dec. 18, with a special start time of 5pm.
Admission and parking are always Free at Remington Park. All guests must enter through the Casino entrance and adhere to protocols upon entry.