REMINGTON PARK TO CLOSE OPERATIONS, CONTINUE LIVE RACING WITHOUT ON-SITE SPECTATORS
We are committed to creating and maintaining a safe and healthy entertainment experience for our patrons and employees. We have had no known cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) at Remington Park but have remained in close consultation with the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission, which licenses and regulates our operations, and with Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt throughout the current public health challenge.
Today, the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission directed us to temporarily close Remington Park casino and our on-track betting room until further notice. It further directed that while live racing will continue, we should conduct such operations without non-licensed audiences present; this means ONLY persons deemed essential personnel and who possess a valid OHRC license will have access to racing operations during this closure.
Accordingly, effective midnight tonight, Tuesday, March 17, all Remington Park physical facilities will be temporarily closed to the general, non-licensed public. Notwithstanding this temporary closure, all simulcasting of Remington Park races will continue, both to operating off-track betting and online sites. We will reopen based on available information, consultation with Oklahoma City leadership, and the direction of the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission.
We thank the Oklahoma Horse Racing Commission and Oklahoma City for its support and leadership during this challenging period. We believe the actions we take today in coordination with the Commission and Oklahoma City is in the best interest of the public health while also protecting the Oklahoma horse industry and community.
Have there been any confirmed cases of COVID-19 at Remington Park?
- There have been no confirmed cases for COVID-19 at Remington Park.
When will you reopen?
- We will continue to closely monitor the situation and follow guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC). We will continue to keep you updated via our website and social media once a reopen date has been determined.
What precautions has Remington Park been taking against the spread of the new coronavirus?
- The health and safety of our patrons and employees is our main priority and our goal is to always maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment at Remington Park. We have increased our efforts around cleaning and disinfecting particularly in more heavily trafficked areas of our property.
- Additionally, our facilities undergo thorough cleaning daily to protect against transmission of the coronavirus. Our staff is trained to strictly follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC) standards and guidance with regard to communicable diseases.
- This includes policies for proper cleaning and disinfection practices of all areas of the property.
- All hard surfaces were cleaned with an industrial detergent, then disinfected using products which are on the EPA’s list of antimicrobial products for use against the coronavirus.
- As with many companies, we have been monitoring the situation and receiving daily reports from the CDC about the progression of cases across the country as well as guidance on preventative measures.
- While the casino is closed, we will continue to thoroughly clean and disinfect.
Are March casino promotions and events all cancelled/rescheduled?
- All March casino promotions and events are currently postponed during this temporary closure period. We will provide updates on new and exciting promotions via website, social channels, mail and email, where applicable, as more information regarding promotions and events becomes available closer to our reopening date.
What happens to my current offers while you’re closed? Will I get new offers once you’re open again?
- When we resume daily operations, all offers will be honored. New offers and promotions will be sent once our temporary closure has ended.
What happens to my players club card during this closure?
- Your players club card will remain active and all points earned and Reward Dollars will be on your Club Remington account when we reopen.
I have rented a space for an event at Remington Park, is the event canceled or postponed?
- At this time, Remington Park is closed. This means that all private party rentals have been postponed.
- If you’re a Group Leader or Event Planner, please call a member of the Event Sales Team at Remington Park at 405-425-3270 to discuss the rescheduling of your events.