Out of stock
The registration for the 2019 Remington Park Racing Club has closed
If you have any questions, please contact Kelly O’Hara, RP Racing Club coordinator at email@example.com
RP RACING CLUB MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
By becoming a member of the RPRC, Inc. (the Club), I understand, represent and agree as follows:
1. Purpose. I understand that the purpose of the Club is to provide an educational experience of Thoroughbred horse ownership through participation in a not-for-profit social club organized for pleasure, recreational and other non-profitable purposes that owns, trains and races Thoroughbred racehorses.
2. Club Activities. I understand that:
a) the club will own one (1) Thoroughbred racehorse with plans to race at Remington Park in Oklahoma City
b) up to 200 memberships will be sold in 2019 at $250 each and the funds raised will be used to pay the purchase price of the horse, as well as for training fees and other related racing expenses
c) membership dues will be deposited into a horsemen’s account and expenses will be paid from that account
d) Federico Villafranco will train the horse, Danny Caldwell will be the consultant on all aspects of the horse and racing, and Kelly O’Hara (Remington Park’s Racing Development Manager) will represent the Club’s interest as the Club manager
e) Club members will receive communications through emails and social media about the horse’s activities
f) the Club will operate until the end of Remington Park racing on Sunday, December 15, 2019 (unless it becomes prudent to cease operations at an earlier date). The Club horse will then be sold and any monies remaining in the account after all financial obligations are met will be returned to the members pro rata up to $250 per member (without interest.)
g) any funds that remain, after the return of all membership dues, will be donated to Remington Park Charities
h) Club activities may take place at Remington Park, which is subject to safety considerations, and I agree to be bound by and abide by the rules of Remington Park
3. No pecuniary profit. I understand that the Club is organized as a not-for-profit social club, and I am not joining the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. I understand that I may not receive back any of my $250 membership dues and agree that the maximum I may receive at the end of 2019 is $250 unless determined otherwise by the directors of the Club.
4. Release. I recognize that hazards and risks are inherent in owning, training and racing Thoroughbred racehorses and related activities. I hereby acknowledge voluntary participation in the Club and, by my signature below, hereby release and forever discharge the Club, its affiliates and all directors, officers and agents of the foregoing from any and all liability of whatever kind arising from my participation in the Club; further, I waive all claims of all kinds against all and any of the foregoing arising from participation in the Club. This release shall be binding upon me, my immediate family members (including without limitation, my spouse and any children as applicable) and my heirs, successors and assigns. I also understand and agree that this release contemplates the release and discharge of any and all other claims that may exist or arise in the future as a result of any aforementioned occurrence and any injuries, illness, loss (including death) or damages to persons or property (including loss of use of property) allegedly sustained thereby by me.
5. Only Agreement. I agree this is the only agreement or understanding that applies to my interest in the Club.