The Grade 3, $400,000 Oklahoma Derby, the state’s most important Thoroughbred race, will be contested for the 30th time on Sunday, Sept. 30 at Remington Park. The first race of the day is at 3pm. The racing entrance lobby will open for festivities at 1pm.
The Oklahoma Derby is a top Breeders’ Cup prep race for many of the nation’s 3-year-olds. The Oklahoma Derby leads a huge afternoon of stakes races with 10 stakes races on the schedule overall. Oklahoma Derby Day offers many divisional stakes-racing categories and even more Breeders’ Cup prep opportunities for top horses heading to Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky. in early November. The 2018 edition of Oklahoma Derby Day will feature total purse money of nearly $1.4 Million!
Joining the Oklahoma Derby Day program as a graded race for the first time is the Grade 3, $200,000 Remington Park Oaks for 3-year-old fillies. In addition eight more stakes events will round out the biggest race card in North America on Sept. 30:
– $175,000 Governor’s Cup
– $150,000 David M. Vance Sprint
– $75,000 Kip Deville Stakes
– $75,000 Ricks Memorial Stakes
– $65,000 Red Earth Stakes
– $65,000 Bob Barry Memorial Stakes
– $50,000 E.L. Gaylord Memorial Stakes
– $50,000 Flashy Lady Stakes
Oklahoma Derby Day consists of numerous festivities that help make it the top racing event of the Thoroughbred Season at Remington Park. On the schedule:
– The Derby Day Hat & Bowtie Style Contest, free to enter, with thousands of dollars in cash available in multiple judging divisions. The judging begins at 2pm on the Clubhouse level, all contestants receive a free photograph.
– Derby Day Wine Festival on Track level-North beginning at 2pm. $10 for a Commemorative Tasting Glass as you enjoy offerings from many fine Oklahoma wineries. Proceeds will benefit Remington Park Charities.
– Bigger Money Bingo: guests may log in to play for Free on their smartphone at RPBingo.Net. Follow the racing action and watch your bingo card fill automatically with more bingos and over $1,500 in cash available to be won!
– Live Music will be featured as guests arrive through the racing entrance as well as during the races on the Plaza.
– Carriage Rides: arrive in style after parking and enjoy a free carriage ride.
Make you plans to attend Oklahoma Derby Day now. Call 405-424-1000 for more information. For details on booking a Group in the Suites for Oklahoma Derby Day, contact 405-425-3270. Dining reservations for Silks and Club 1 are available online at remingtonpark.com.
Remington Park is always open for Casino gaming with simulcast racing offered daily at 11am. Admission, Parking and Valet Parking are always FREE at Remington Park. See Club Remington for complete details.