The Grade 3, $400,000 Oklahoma Derby, will once again headline a very special day of racing at Remington Park on Sunday, Sept. 29. Also featured during the program, the Grade 3, $200,000 Remington Park Oaks. The first race of the day is at 3pm.
The Oklahoma Derby is a top Breeders’ Cup prep race for many of the nation’s 3-year-olds. Won last year by Lone Sailor, the Oklahoma Derby leads a huge afternoon of eight stakes races, offering many divisional categories and even more Breeders’ Cup prep opportunities for top horses. The 2019 edition of Oklahoma Derby Day will be worth more than $1.1 million in race purses.
In addition to the Oklahoma Derby and the Remington Park Oaks, these additional stakes events will make Remington Park the focus of horse racing on Sunday, Sept. 29:
– $150,000 David Vance Sprint
– $100,000 Remington Green
– $75,000 Kip Deville Stakes
– $75,000 Ricks Memorial Stakes
– $50,000 Flashy Lady Stakes
– $50,000 E.L. Gaylord Memorial Stakes
Oklahoma Derby Day consists of numerous festivities that help make it the top racing event of the Thoroughbred Season at Remington Park. Among the activities:
– The Derby Day Hat & Tie Style Contest. Free to enter with lucrative cash prizes available to those 18 and over. Contest judging starts at 2pm. All contestants receive a free photograph.
– Derby Day Wine Festival on Track level-North. Guests of legal drinking age may enjoy offerings from many fine Oklahoma wineries, for a donation fee, benefitting Remington Park Charities.
Make you plans to attend Oklahoma Derby Day now. Call 405-424-1000 for more information. For details on booking a Group in the Suites or Fortunes Terrace for Oklahoma Derby Day, contact 405-425-3270. For reservations in the Silks Restaurant or Club 1 on the Clubhouse level or the Bricktown Brewery on the Casino Floor, please contact Group Sales at 405-425-3280.
Remington Park is always open for Casino gaming with simulcast racing offered daily at 11am. Parking and Valet Parking are always FREE at Remington Park. See Club Remington for complete details.